We welcome and encourage volunteers from our local and wider community. We recognise that volunteers can bring with them a range of skills and experience that can enhance the learning opportunities of the children at Woodlands School.
Our volunteers include:
- Parents of pupils
- People from our local community
- Students on work experience
- University students referred to us
Volunteers completing a college or university course are invited to stay for the duration of their placement. The school welcomes parents/relatives of our pupils who want to become volunteers. However, placements will only be offered with the understanding that relations might not be working in the same classes as this may not be beneficial for children in their school environment.
The types of activities that Volunteers can be engaged in include:
• Working with small groups of pupils
• Working alongside individual children
• Working with children on computers
• Undertaking art and craft activities
• Accompanying school visits
• Providing positive role models and one to one support
• Supporting independence skills such as eating at lunchtime
• Supporting children to play during playtimes.
Anyone wishing to become a volunteer should send a completed volunteer application form. Safeguarding checks will, which include reference checks and Enhanced DBS check, apply to this position.