Key aim of physiotherapy is to support the child’s mobility within school and enable access the school’s curriculum.
The physio therapists
- Involved in setting up hydrotherapy programmes for pupils with Physical disability
- In conjunction with OT, provide advice on moving and handling for pupils.
- Provide & teach exercise/stretching programs to be carried out by class staff
- Provide advice regarding equipment i.e. walkers/standing frames/orthotics
- Out of school environment:
- Home visits to check home equipment (Holiday/ after school)
- Liaise with parents regarding therapy input