Useful Contacts Information for Parents & Carers
Please click on the links below:
- Carers Assessments - Harrow calls these ‘parent-carers assessments,’ please contact Harrow’s Golden Number (see below) to request this assessment.
- Centre for ADHD and Autism Support (CAAS) – supports, educates and empowers people diagnosed with ADHD or autism, their families and the community.
- Children and Young Adults Disability Service (CYADS) – this social care service is for children and young people from 0 to 25 years, with a moderate, severe or profound disability.
- Citizen’s Advice Harrow – provides information and advice about benefits, debt and money, work, housing, law and courts and immigration.
- Contact – provides information and advice for families with disabled children and young people
- Core Offer Funding – this helps pay for short breaks (like a holiday club), a support carer and other activities. Please also click here to view a video on the Harrow Council website.
- Harrow Carers – they offer different services to unpaid carers.
- Harrow Council Local Offer – this is your guide to the different services and support available in the borough for children and young adults under the age of 25 with special educational needs and/ or a disability (SEND).
- Harrows Golden Number 020 8901 2690 (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm) - this is the main number for all of Harrow’s children and young adults services and you can contact them if you need any help, information or advice.
- Harrow Parent Carer Forum - this forum helps improve services for children and young people (up to the age of 25), SEND and their families. They offer advice and support to families, run events and consultations.
- Harrow SEN Assessment and Review Service (SENARS) – this service conducts Education Health Care needs assessments and write, review and update your child’s Education Health Care Plan (EHCP). They work to ensure that your child gets the most out of their education and maximise their achievements.
- Harrow Short Breaks Providers - a list of Harrows after school and holiday clubs for children and young people with disabilities.
- Harrow Special Needs Community (SNC) - this is a London-wide social enterprise created by a team parents and carers, who provide support, and empower and connect families.
- SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SEND IASS) – supports parents and carers of children and young people aged up to 25, and young people ages 16 – 25, who have SEND.
- Short Breaks - this gives parents, carers and other family members a break from their caring role. Please also click here to see the information on the Harrow Council website.